Khela Hobe Scheme:- Bengal’s chief minister, Mamata Banerjee, declared on Friday that in reaction to the federal government’s suspension of MGNREGS funding for Bengal, the state would begin its own guaranteed employment program, known as Khela Hobe.
NREGS job card holders in Bengal had previously been guaranteed 26 workdays, however this has now been expanded to 30 workdays. Read on to learn more about the Khela Hobe Scheme in full, including its highlights, features and benefits, application procedures, and much more.
Khela Hobe Scheme 2023
According to Mamata Banerjee’s announcement on Friday, her government will establish a program named Khela Hobe to offer jobs to people who had cards under the program after the Center stopped funding the 100-day work program in January 2022. At its peak, 2.6 crore people took part in the NREGS 100-day labor plan, but that number has subsequently declined to 1.4 crore (according to official estimates), supporting Bengal’s rural economy. These workers represent 28.5% of the Scheduled Castes and 8% of the Scheduled Tribes. The BJP-led central government has discontinued supporting the 100 project, despite Bengal having the best performance over the preceding five years.
At the Martyrs Day rally on July 21, Banerjee asserted that the BJP government had kept back more than 60,000 crore rupees of Bengal’s dues out of pure jealousy. “After obtaining money from our state under the GST, the Center holds onto the money that is legitimately ours. Bengal BJP leaders take satisfaction in undermining public funds.
West Bengal Khela Hobe Scheme Details in Highlights
|Name||Khela Hobe Scheme|
|Initiated by||Government of Bengal|
|Introduced by||Mamata Banerjee, the chief minister of Bengal|
|Objective||To provide employement to NREGS job card holders|
Nrega Related Other Searches
Features & Benefits of Khela Hobe Scheme
Some of the key features and benefits of the Khela Hobe Scheme are as follows:
- The government will launch the Khela Hobe scheme to give holders of 100-day job cards jobs.
- The chief minister has focused on developing jobs for the rural populace because the villages are suffering without the 100-day job program.
- 11 lakh rural housing recipients who have not yet received money under the national program will now be housed under the state government’s Banglar Bari program.
- The BJP is jealous of the 67 social welfare programs that the government of Bengal offers its inhabitants as a social safety net.
- According to an NITI Aayog poll, Bengal has reduced poverty by 26% over the past ten years and by 11% over the past year.
Duare Sarkar Camp List
Procedure to Apply for Khela Hobe Scheme
The Khela Hobe Programme was just recently unveiled by the Bengali government. The official website for this has not yet been released by the government, but it will soon. As soon as there is a new development about this strategy, we will update this site.
Idea Behind Khela Hobe Diwas
The 16 football fans who died in a stampede at Eden Gardens in 1980 served as the inspiration for Khela Hobe Diwas. The Khela Hobe Diwas is primarily intended to honor deceased athletes and to enliven the state’s young. The diwas will be observed on August 16, 2021.
The state’s chief minister is working to inspire the kids to advance in sports, and the program would be a significant step in that direction. In addition to the clubs, the strategy for the initiative also includes refugee handicraft, an MSME unit that will receive financial assistance under the plan.
WB Khela Hobe Scheme Eligibility
- Residential Team – Because the program will be introduced by the chief minister of West Bengal, only the football teams from the state’s numerous districts are qualified to sign up.
- Sports clubs – The clubs that have participated in football tournaments are eligible to participate in the program and get financial support for it.
- Kind of Program – It is primarily a community development program with the goal of advancing football in the state to new heights.
- Children from disadvantaged groups – In order to encourage them to participate in sports and play football, the initiative will provide financial support to the sports club and kids from disadvantaged groups.
WB Khela Hobe Scheme Documents
- Documents proving residence are required for football teams signing up for the program; teams from other states are not permitted to sign up.
- Club registration – Only clubs that are registered and actively participating in football tournaments are eligible, and they must provide the necessary documentation to substantiate their eligibility.
- Information about the football team – The football team should provide information on the players and provide the necessary documentation.
- Organizational documents for sports – No non-sports group is permitted to participate in the program and receive funding.